Thursday, December 2, 2010

Why not God?

I have lived a blessed life, one full of success, joys and happiness.  How many are able to say that after a childhood filled with poverty, tragedy and abuse?  As I begin this journal filled with random thoughts I would like to first of all recognize the God who has lifted me and set me on the heights of glory that can only come from Him.  There are those, known to me and unknown, who don’t believe.  It is difficult for me to fully understand their unbelief.  When I consider the miracle of life, the complexities of the universe, and the wonders of creation, it defies reason that anyone would willingly choose to not give credit where credit is due.  There is only one explanation for enormity of all existence.  That a supreme being would choose to set all of this in motion and then offer eternal life to those who believe is in the extreme.  We should honor Him each and every day of our lives.

For those of us who believe, perhaps the question we should be asking non-believers is, "Why not God?"  What could we possibly gain by not believing?  What benefits are there in being without faith?  For the life of me, I can find no good reason for not believing in God.  However, the benefits of faith are too numerous to list.  Can a non-believer say that about their lack of faith?

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what life would have been like for you Dad had you not accepted the love of God. We are all His children, and I for one feel blessed to no longer doubt that He is real, and that He protects me and guides me. Thank you for setting the example of faith!

    ReplyDelete