Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Week 45 2013 Thanksgiving

Our worship leader got on his soap box at our last practice, giving a mini-sermon on Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for this young man and the heart he has for Jesus and family.

Going from there, I wonder how many things for which I am thankful?
1.  Of course, I am most thankful for the Lord.  Psalm 106:1
2.  My wife is the single greatest blessing God has given me.  Ecclesiastes 9:9
3.  I have been blessed with three of the most wonderful children.  Psalm 127:3
4.  Our daughters have provided five fantastic grandchildren.  Proverbs 17:6
5.  From our first church family to the many we share today, our fellow Christians.  1 John 5:1-3
6.  Many wonderful and cherished friends.  Proverbs 18:24
7.  An education that has been pursued throughout life and is ongoing.  2 Timothy 2:15
8.  The opportunity to provide for my family.  1 Timothy 5:8
9.  The physical provisions God has supplied.  Matthew 6:25-34
10. A place to share in worship with other Christians.  Hebrews 10:25
11. Living in a nation where we are free to worship as we choose.  Romans 13:1-7
12. For those who devote themselves to our protection.  Matthew 5:9
13. Those who have lived before me and share their experience.  Job 12:12
14. The pleasure of being able to sing.  Psalm 100:2
15. Joy in witnessing those who can and do dance.  Psalm 150:4
16. The wonders of nature.  Colossians 1:16-17
17. Ad infinitum.  James 1:17

In each of these listed I could break them down to several individual blessings, thus making my list inexhaustible.  It is my conviction that nearly all of us could say the same thing.  So, let me encourage everyone to be thankful, not just on the appointed day but every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment