Friday, December 6, 2013

Week 47 2013 Floral Fun

Since we bought a DSLR camera, we take more pictures.  Some of these turn out so well we wonder if there is some way to protect them from other people marketing them.  I must admit that I have absolutely no idea how to do that, and I’m not really sure that I care that much.  However, I do enjoy the pictures.  One of my favorite settings on the camera is the flower setting.  It takes advantage of one of natures most beautiful occurring events.  The variety and depth of color are simply amazing!  I really need to take a course in botany in order to identify the masterpieces God has provided.  Perhaps with that knowledge I could put together a book that could be used by others to share the beauty we have experienced.

As enjoyable as photography can be, the very best pictures can’t be printed, because, the most excellent visions are in my memory banks.  These are those that come so quickly and spontaneously I don’t have the opportunity to shoot them with my Nikon.  They also involve more senses and dimensions than my camera can offer.  Furthermore, these engage the most beautiful of all of God’s creations, people.  People offer an insight into the Creator.  We are made in His image.  The vision we exhibit is deeper than what our eyes can develop.  The best book to view these images was written thousands of years ago.  It is accessible to anyone.  You can pay as little as nothing, or as high a price as you might think is desirable.  The Bible is the best-selling book of all time, and its images are beyond incredible.

Enjoy the creation found in nature.  To use the cliche, take time to smell the roses.  But, don’t limit yourself to these beauties.  Take in the full picture by learning about the One who created nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment