Monday, June 13, 2011

Blogging, or Sharing our Journal

            Seems these days that a lot of people are blogging.  Why, even my eleven year old grand-daughter has a blog!  I guess we just like to share with others.  I can only speak for myself, but I find blogging to be a good method of sharing thoughts that I believe are worth sharing.  I write because I like to write, never fooling myself into believing that I am a gifted writer, I just try to put something of value on the printed page.  Whether it is of value or not depends on the reader’s perspective.
            I like people.  I have always like people.  I love to just sit and observe the actions of those around me.  However, the thing I like most about people is our ability to communicate with each other.  Blogging is just another aspect of communication.  So, I write blogs and I read blogs.  Whenever I read a blog I try and leave a comment.  I hardly ever receive a comment on my blogs, but I would like to.  Therefore, as a tenet of the Golden Rule, I leave comments because I would like others to leave comments on my blogs.  However, there are times I leave comments because I’m hoping to spur on a dialogue.  I enjoy a good discussion.  Unfortunately, this hardly ever happens.  Is it because we are just too busy for such a discussion?  I hope that’s it.  It would be sad if it were because we just don’t care to carry on a dialogue with our fellow man.
            Most people journal because they believe they have something important that needs to be preserved for posterity’s sake, and I think this is valid.  Everyone has value and the ideas and thinking that goes into making each of us unique is of infinite worth.  My grand-daughter likes to read, and then share her critique of what she has read.  Are her views any less valid than those written up by book critics?  Of course, I’m her grand-father, but I really like to know how an eleven year old feels about a book she has read.  Furthermore, I enjoy listening to or reading any child’s thoughts on what they have read.  I read another blog written by a fellow who attended a Bible school with me.  I don’t really think he cares whether I do or not, but I find it interesting to see where he has come from and where he is going.  There’s another blog written by a young man in his thirties who was a teen when I preached at his church in Texas.  Again, I find it interesting to read about his life’s journey.  My daughter shares her personal struggles, and the blessings of life she enjoys, through her blog.  She writes well and has something important to say.  I find her blog both enlightening and entertaining.  All of these people blog for different reasons and in various manners.  All are of equal value to me.  The blog gives them a voice, and for those who take the time, that voice enriches their lives.  It only takes a few minutes to click on that link and read what they have to say.  And then, when you’re done reading, take just an extra minute to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment