Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week 14 2013 Dream Car


I have several “dream” cars, that is, cars that I would love to own.  For instance, a 1957 Ford Thunderbird, or a 1956 Chevy Nomad or two-door hardtop Belair.  Although a purest at heart, if I could have it my way, the dream car would look completely stock, with a modern paint job, nice rims and tires.  However, the running gear would be converted to modern Toyota.  With a car built this way, I could have the best of all worlds.  It would be a classic American beauty, with the reliability of Japanese technology, the safety of updated systems, and the comfort found in today’s vehicles.  Alas, since I am not a mechanic, and I have no experience in building a car, I would have to have all the work done by others.  Thus, my dream car would probably be a very expensive venture.  However, as my wife is always reminding me, dreams are free.

While dreaming of cars, I suddenly realized that my dream has been reflected in my life.  The Master Mechanic took my shell, replaced the old parts with new ones, making me a more reliable version of what I once was.  He took what was there, and transformed it into His “dream” version.  Outwardly, I am still the classic me.  He placed Christ in me.  Thus, I am no longer the rusty bucket of bolts I was when He found me.  I have been made new, in His image.  What He has formed will last through eternity, and shine like the stars of heaven!  The cost was great.  It required the sacrifice of His only begotten Son.  However, the dream is no longer a dream.  It is reality.  Praise God!

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”  (2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment