Saturday, July 27, 2013

Week 28 2013 Seeing Through My Glasses


Before I had to wear glasses I would be visiting with someone wearing glasses, and wonder how they could possibly not be distracted by the spots on their lenses.  That was twenty-seven years ago.  With these several years of experience, I now understand.  As I type this, my glasses could use a good cleaning.  And, would you believe I have no problem seeing without being distracted?  Of course, I will clean them when it’s convenient.  However, in the meantime, I have no trouble seeing.


Now, you might wonder why I would write a blog post about glasses.  Well, I’m not writing about glasses.  I am writing about experience.  The old saying about walking in another man’s shoes, comes to play in my little story about glasses.  We often have our own ideas the life of another person, thinking that we can apply our own set of principles to make judgements.  Quite often, we end up finding out that we were mistaken with our original assessment.  As much as we might pride ourselves on being a good judge of character, there is only One who can judge the thoughts and intents of the heart.  With such limitations, I have always found it to be advisable to give others the benefit of the doubt, putting a positive spin on my assessment until they prove otherwise.

I have always hoped that others would reserve judgement on me, giving me the benefit of the doubt until I prove otherwise.  Unfortunately, that has not always been the case.  But, that does not relieve me of the responsibility to reserve my judgement until I get a chance to look their glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment